Friday, June 12, 2009





Stevie
St Martin’s Ln, London

I have lived in London for a year and before that in New York and Seattle, and what I like about London is the easy-going I-just-rolled-out-of-bed street style. Also, in big cities the good thing is that you are around new people all the time – you meet someone for 2 minutes and then you probably will never see them again, so you care much less about what other people think about you. I work for a music magazine and I’m inspired by bands like Florence and The Machine and folk music and musicians, for example, Johnny Flynn. Today I’m wearing a dress from Apple Tree here in Covent Garden, Marc Jacobs boots and a necklace by a local designer. I always try to support up-and-coming designers and artists.






Lucy
Earlham St, London


My style in a few words can be described as 1950s granny. It evolves, but, in general, it has remained the same as long as I can remember. I think such dresses and skirts work on my shape and I feel comfortable in them. I’m studying textile designs, so I’m into different prints as well; however, even though I’m wearing floral prints today, I’m currently more into animal prints – not like leopard and all that, but prints of animals, say, horses and so on. I think London has such a vibrant fashion scene so it definitely has influenced my personal style alongside with British designers like Alexander McQueen and Giles Deacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home