Tuesday, June 03, 2008



Margus,
Tammsaare’s Park, Tallinn


The era I like the most is the Seventies. I like hippie clothes, but they should always have a classic well-tailored touch. A friend of mine once tried to describe my style and called it “aristocratic hippie”. Ideas and inspiration come from the same era, but as I’m a film director, I get some ideas from films too.


Hele,
Pikk str, Tallinn

I had this jacket done by my tailor. I wanted to have a part of it bit schoolgirlish and I was recommended to have a similar neckline. My clothes always have to be comfortable. By this I mean that clothes have to feel like a second skin. Another thing that is important is that clothes should not have big logos because they look just tacky.



Aveli,
Town Hall Square, Tallinn

Obviously punk music inspires me and I like to see what punk musicians wear and interpret it. I tend to wear punk elements with a lot of colour. I get a lot of clothes from my friends, for example this leather jacket. My must-have accessory is safety pin. I don’t like when people try so hard to follow a style they have seen somewhere and won’t make it their own.


Jana,
Foorum, Tallinn


Clothes can look very different on different people. It doesn’t matter what is ‘in’, but how you carry it off. This summer I like short dresses and also the timeless Chanel style, but unfortunately I cannot afford it. I usually shop when I’m abroad and I like to go to vintage shops. Next things I’d like to get are high colourful platforms.


Robi,
Tatari str, Tallinn


The love of mainstream fashion that dominates in Estonia is really annoying. Currently my style is bit psychedelic and I like different colourful hoodies. I got this one from some online shop. I saw it and just had to have it.



Gerli,
Vabaduse Square, Tallinn


Today I have had a busy work day and therefore I’m wearing quite formal clothes. Work and duties dictate what I can or can’t wear. My casual style is ever changing and if I’m asked what my style is, I cannot point it out. Only colours tend to remain same. I wear a lot of black and white.



Alina,
Suur-Karja str, Tallinn


Today I’m wearing a lot of my mother’s old clothes, but I don’t mind buying clothes from high street shops too. I like this small brown leather bag, but now I also want an oversize brown leather bag. I don’t think about my style. It comes and should come intuitively – what feels right, is right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first guy has a really cool style: all the proportions look so great.

04 June, 2008 10:09  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the first guy and how you composed the shot--the way the street divides the shot in half, making the bottom and top mirror images.

05 June, 2008 05:43  
Blogger STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi hi from Paris

very cool photos and atmosphere ! great

i noticed that you like stylish people.
may be you'll like my street style photo romances in Paris
if not, i kill myself ! lol

and by the way, i met Sarah Jessica Parker in Paris and... yes yes, the photos are online, as if you were there !

ps : i hop i won't have to kill myself, because my mother love me. lol

2 questions :
-People say in my blog that parisian girls are the best dressed ever. what do you think ?
-do you prefer to win clothe of week ends/weeks in Paris ?

let's keep in touch, drink wine, switch links or whatever and have a wonderful day !


Kamel
street style romancer in Paris

STYLE AND THE CITY - PARIS

05 June, 2008 14:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home